Voice to Email is an extremely effective system that ensures you have easy access to your voicemails from a range of devices wherever you are and whatever you may be doing.
The system can be set up in a a variety of ways so you always remain in control and choose the one that best suits you and your business. In essence, as soon as a voicemail is received by your phone, the system picks it up and coverts it into a file to be received in your email inbox. You can choose whether you receive the voicemail as an audio file (most likely via an mp3 or WAV file) or as written text, or both. A soon as the file is in your email inbox, you will receive a notification informing you that there is a new voicemail to attend to.
Why use Voice to Email?
The benefits of the system are multiple and are outlined below:
- There is a permanent record of your voicemails.
- The set up is flexible. You can have all voicemails sent to your email inbox, or just those that are received when you set your mobile device to set to “do not disturb”, for example when you are in a meeting or driving.
- You can access your voicemails instantly, thus being able to access and act upon messages that you may otherwise would have had to wait for. For example, those received when your phone is out of signal range.
- Voicemails can be forwarded to your colleagues as required. As an added plus point, the voicemails can be annotated with information points and descriptions as you have the free text of the email platform available when you forward the message. You may choose to forward voicemails to colleagues when you are unable to personally attend to the message. For example, you have not the information or the skills to help with the request or you do not currently have the time.
- Voicemails can be deleted from your mobile phone storage as soon as they are received in your email inbox. This could be a valuable way of freeing up much needed storage space on your phone. Alternatively, the voicemail, can remain stored on your phone as well as in your email inbox so that you have multiple copies of the message as an added layer of security.
- You can listen to or read your voicemails even if your phone is not nearby.
- You can listen to and attend to voicemails whilst engaged in another task, such as talking to a client or whilst in a meeting. The ability to multi task greatly increases your productivity.
Ofcourse, Voice to Email has many benefits in the business world but could also be of advantage in your personal or home set up too, allowing ease of access to messages from friends and family and the connivence of being able to forward messages on for information sharing or when planning events. Ultimately, Voice to Email is a technology that is fully adaptable and flexible to be set up to your individual needs and usage.
If you would like to use Voice to Email for your business, we can provide this on any number – including 0843 numbers for SMEs, and 0844 numbers for businesses too. If you’d like to speak about this or any of the services that we provide, our team are always happy to chat about the possibilities our platforms can provide.