…your questions answered
Why choose an 0800 number for your business?
Ok, before deciding where to buy an 0800 freephone business number it is useful to consider the many benefits 0800 numbers can bring. Replacing your mobile phone number with a professional option to create a cost-free, professional-looking way for customers to get in touch in top of the list. So, let’s look at the reasons why an 0800 number would be a positive addition to your company’s telecoms.
Introducing a new telephone number for your business can be a big decision and comes along with various questions. Do you want to reach a local or national client base? Do you want to provide a free-to-call number for your callers? How important is that for your new and existing customers? We aim to give you all the information you’ll need to know before activating your 0800 number.
Free Incoming Calls…More Incoming Business!
0800s are attractive numbers and certainly do live up to their reputation as a caller-friendly option. So, they’re an easy way to encourage incoming calls into your business. It’s widely understood that an 0800 number is absolutely free to call from all UK phones including a UK landline and UK mobiles.
Such toll-free calls are not only attractive due to their cost effectiveness, they’re also a signal to callers that you care. You’re giving a vibe that you’re conscious of your customers’ call costs, they’re completely free after all. What’s more as 0800 business phone numbers aren’t location specific they create a bigger presence for your brand too. So when it comes to attracting inbound calls from far and wide 0800 numbers are definitely worth a closer look.
Calling 0800 numbers from abroad….
You can call 0800 numbers from abroad when you format them as +44 800, but it’s important to be aware that they won’t necessarily be free as your callers may be charged international rates. Why? Well, not all international networks recognise UK freephone numbers, what’s more worldwide service charges are commonly applied.
One quick thought here – avoiding the international charge is possible if callers choose to use Skype or a similar platform. Despite any rate differences, you will still have a number which says, ‘we’re a UK, nationwide concern’ and not restricted to a specific geographic location.
Memorable Number, Memorable Brand
You’ve spent time building your brand so why not pop that proverbial cherry on the top with a shiny 0800 number? Classed as ‘memorable numbers’ 0800 phone numbers are an easy way to add that memorability factor for your company.
It’s up to you…
Unlike a mobile or regular landline number you can have fun choosing an option which ranks highly in the memorability stakes – looking and sounding the business for your business. An 0800 number which features double or repeating digits can look and sound super memorable. Your network provider should hold a massive range to choose from.
Deciding where to buy your 0800 number
Right, we’ve looked at what an 0800 telephone number is and some of the advantages for introducing one to your business. Now it’s time to explore the key aspects to keep in mind when deciding where to buy a free number.
By choosing a Tier 1 telecom provider you’re also selecting reliability and affordability. Tier 1 is, as the name suggests, the highest tier in terms of telecom service quality and price competitiveness. Your company deserves the best right!
So, what does that mean?
Well, Tier 1 providers work directly with the main networks and can therefore provide the ultimate in network resilience. Robust functionality means that calls will be of the highest quality wherever your callers are dialling from – inner city or out in the country.
Working directly with the main networks also means you’ll benefit from competitive rates as higher tier telecom providers typically have greater negotiation powers. In other words, more wriggle room when it comes to cost. This is all great news when activating your 0800 number.
Depending on which provider you choose you may be offered a wide range of call features along with your 0800 number. From number diverts and on-hold options to out-of-hours features, there are lots of helpful services available.
So, in addition to more calls your freephone number will help with call handling too – making it easier to not only receive calls but to deal with them efficiently – even during heavy call volume times. Not only do these save you time but they create a positive customer experience too.
Common 0800 number features include:
- Voice2Email – this allows callers to leave a voicemail which is then delivered into a designated email box(es) as an audio file. Bespoke messages can be added for that personal touch. Simply check your emails when you’re free and listen to any missed calls.
- Call Queue – frees up time for you as callers are kept informed of their place in the queue and kept entertained with music and messages (such as latest offers or opening times). Callers will have the option to jump out of the queue and to leave a voicemail.
- Out-of-Hours Plans – gives you the peace of mind in knowing that a call answering solution is in place whatever time of day/night it is. Divert calls to alternative destination numbers, recorded messages or voice2email- the choice is yours. Save money as there is no need to employ extra call handling staff.
- Welcome Message – greet your callers (potential customers) even before you have spoken to them with a pre-recorded message.
- Call Forwarding – enables you to route call on a pre-configured plan or mid call (as a mid-call transfer). With features such as this you can easily handle more calls much more easily – turning even the highest call volumes into child’s play. What’s more you’ll save money as there is no need to invest in expensive phone equipment – just the price of your 0800 number monthly fee.
More than just a mobile phone…
We think you’ll agree that alongside free customer calls from UK landline and UK mobile phones, 0800 numbers have bags of benefits for your company too. Ditching your mobile number in favour of an 0800 number – whether for your main number or one-off advertising campaigns, adds a truly professional look for your business. Feature-rich and free to call 0800 freephone numbers are recognised for their value, whether you’re a business owner or customer.
Get an 0800 number
Want to activate a number or simply like more info…whichever you need, look no further than Number Supermarket.
Feel free to call 033o 323 0400, we’re always happy to help..