Businesses appear to only make money from products or services. Looking deeper, there is a visible network of multiple subjects and processes. To achieve longevity of any business is to monetize the business so that it makes money from each orifice of its being. This is beneficial in two ways:
How do numbers generate income?
• When business is slow and sales are not being made, money continues to come in. Consequently keeping the business going so that it may continue to provide its unique service or product.
• When the business is growing, money allows for the business to channel resources that improve customer service, product quality or availability of products. As a result, customer service improves.
In hindsight it seems obvious, televisions and radio stations that are giants in their field seem to be endlessly airing without the possibility of stopping. Call centres and customer service companies have employees waiting to answer calls and queries from customers yet, why do the companies have so much to invest in this service? Why go so far as to have more than 10 employees working at a desk, awaiting a call? The phone calls are also a source of income.
Business numbers that turn into sources of income.
Businesses numbers that receive inbound calls have the ability to monetize this feature. The process is simple, every time a person picks up and calls a business, the business has the potential to monetize this call. Different networks offer different rates for this monetization. The rates are calculated in accordance with an allocated amount of pence per minute.
A descriptive visualization of this number would be:
Sounds Great! How can I monetize my business number?
• The business receives 50,000 minutes worth of calls every month.
• The business monetizes the calls and finds that it can have a rebate of 3.2p per minute.
• The business now makes an additional 1600 pounds every month!
While this may be an initial problem for companies that have maintained a reputable number, changing numbers need not be a problem that lasts. The numbers that create this profitable outcome are 084 and 087 numbers.
These numbers do not charge more than an extra few pence per call. This does not discourage customers to call. Another upside is that the only numbers that need to change for the business are the initial three. Telecommunication companies sell numbers for businesses to use as their own. Businesses that are hesitant to change to a new number can simply buy the same number, with three new initial digits, from a telecommunication company.
Whats left to do with the revenue is up to the business. Having an alternate income stream will always be more beneficial than not. More businesses should be using their alternative revenue source in their contact numbers today.